This dish will fool the experts since boiled or steamed sheephead has a taste very similar to lobster or crab. The steamed meat when cold may be eaten with cocktail sauce like lobster. Keep your guests guessing.
- 1 lb Sheephead fillet
- 1 can Aunt Penny’s White Sauce
- 2-inch cube cheddar cheese
- 2 cups white wine or unflavored brandy
- 1 dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 dashes soy sauce
- Cracker crumbs
- Steam the sheephead 10 to 15 minutes to soften the meat.
- Remove the meat from the bones and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine the white sauce, wine, Worcestershire Sauce and soy sauce in the top of a double boiler and melt cheese into it.
- Place the fish cubes in a baking dish and pour the sauce over them. Sprinkle liberally with the cracker crumbs to keep the moisture in.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes, depending upon the size of the sheephead.