The salty sea urchin adds depth and uniqueness to an otherwise simple pasta dish.
- 16 ounces fresh sea urchin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1 cup ramp greens, coarsely chopped, or 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- In a blender, puree the sea urchin with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until smooth.
- In a pot of heavily salted boiling water, cook the linguine until al dente. Meanwhile, in a deep skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the ramps and cook over moderately high heat until wilted, 1 minute.
- Drain the linguine, reserving 5 tablespoons of the cooking water. Add the linguine to the skillet with the sea urchin puree and 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and toss over moderate heat for 30 seconds. Off the heat, add the remaining 3 tablespoons of cooking water and toss. Transfer the linguine to bowls and serve.