Rockfish is a nice, mild white fish that is just dense enough to hold up to the broiler without falling apart. Add lemon butter and sage for a sophisticated dish.
- 1 pound rockfish
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a casserole dish under the broiler.
- Sprinkle the rockfish filets lightly with Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper; add them to the casserole dish.
- Return the dish to the oven and broil the filets for 6-8 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and baste with the melted butter; place the lemon slices on top and sprinkle with sliced sage, if desired.
- Return to the oven long enough to char the lemon. Garnish with sage and serve hot.