Ling Cod has lean meat, with a firm, almost dense texture. It’s flavor is deliciously mild and slightly sweet, making this dish a real crowd pleaser!
- Fillet of Lingcod (Cut into as many servings as you like)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon each (dried): oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary
- 1 small yellow or brown onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Liberally coat Lingcod with olive oil.
2. Mix and crumble herbs then place each fillet in mixture lightly coating each side.
3. Season the fillets with salt and fresh ground pepper.
4. Melt butter in a Pyrex cup, and drizzle the melted butter evenly over the herbed fillets.
5. Place in a baking dish, with onions surrounding the fillets for essence.
6. Add the Lingcod to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Remove Lingcod and let cool 3 min. Plate Lingcod with wilted onions over the fillets.
Serve with Tartar Sauce and Fresh Lemon wedges.