1 large or 2 small Garlic cloves
⅛ cup Pine nuts
⅛ cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Fresh basil leaves
1 tbs Lemon zest
1 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs Lemon juice
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
1 ½ – 2 pounds Rockfish
- Add garlic cloves, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, basil leaves, lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and refrigerate.
- Rinse your rockfish fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Remove the pin bones from the rockfish fillets, they run lengthwise along each fillet. You can use tweezers and pull the bones out in the same direction that they are pointing.
- Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill or pan fry your filet, flesh side down, over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Flip and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes or until flaky. The inside temperature of the fish should be 140-145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Adapted from The Wolf Pit.