Oysters are amazing raw, but for something different, throw them on a grill and enjoy even more!
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 8 tbsp. cold butter
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh chervil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 12 or so oysters
- Preheat a grill. Put shallot and wine into a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until reduced by half, 6–8 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Whisk in butter, 1 tbsp. at a time. Return pan briefly to lowest heat if sauce cools too much as you add the butter. Whisk in chervil, chives, and parsley and add salt to taste.
- Grill oysters flat side up over hot coals until shells gape, 3–5 minutes. Pry off top shells, keeping oyster liquor (juices) from spilling, and cut lower muscles to release flesh. Arrange oysters in their shells on a platter. Spoon some sauce over each.