Prep time 1 Hour
Serves 6-8 people
- 1 side of wild king salmon (2-3 lbs) with skin, placed on a parchment-lined sheet pan
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup of good olive oil
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned with pith removed
- 1-2 bunches fresh dill
- Sea salt to taste
For the marinade:
- Mix ½ cup of olive oil, pinch of garlic, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salmon on parchment-lined sheet pan, coating well and reserving any extra for another use.
- Set salmon aside, marinating at room temperature for 45 minutes.
For the glaze:
- Mix orange juice, lime juice, remaining lemon juice, soy sauce, honey and garlic together pour into a saucepan.
- Slowly bring it to a simmer. Let it reduce slightly until it coats the back of a spoon (about 7 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375˚
For the salmon:
- Scatter orange sections around the salmon and place in oven on a center rack roast for 5 minutes.
- Remove and pour prepared glaze over salmon. Roast for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and set in a warm place while you prepare your platter.
Finishing the dish:
- Arrange the dill on a small platter.
- Slide the salmon by running an offset spatula under the salmon to loosen then slide or carefully lift the salmon into the center.
- Scatter the roasted orange segments on top with a few small ends of the dill.
Serve with a French potato salad and crème fraiche for an easy brunch or lunch dish.