1 ½ pounds rockfish
¼ cup butter
¼ cup slivered almonds
¼ cup parsley, chopped
1 pound asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Begin to steam your choice of rice.
- Cut the bottom 1 in of the asparagus off and discard. Slice 2 lemons, remove any seeds you find. Evenly spread the asparagus along the top of the parchment paper and add your lemon slices on top of the asparagus.
- Rinse your rockfish fillets and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the pin bones from the rockfish fillets, they run lengthwise along each fillet. You can use tweezers and pull the bones out in the same direction that they are pointing. Season both sides with salt and pepper, lay evenly atop of the asparagus and lemons.
- In a small sauté pan melt the butter. Add the sliced almonds, juice from the remaining lemon and parsley. Sauté for 3-4 min, stirring constantly. Carefully spoon over each rockfish filet.
- Cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 10 minutes uncovered. Your fish should be able to flake easily with a fork and be evenly colored throughout the filet. If your fish is not like this, continue cooking until it matches the description.
- Serve over your rice of choice along with your cooked asparagus and lemon.
Adapted from Kevin Is Cooking.